1 bag corn chips
500g chicken thighs, cut into very small pieces
1 green capsicum, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 - 1tsp chilli flakes (more if you like them hot!)
1tsp garlic salt
1tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like them hot!)
1 cup grated cheese
Preheat oven to 180ºC
1. Mix spices and cornflour together in a small bowl, then stir into cut up chicken. Put aside.
2. Dice capsicum and onion.
3. Add oil to pan. When hot add chicken and when sealed, add capsicum and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is done and onion and capsicum soft.
|The spices in this can make cooking a little unpleasant! I usually have coughing fits, so make sure you have your fan going full speed!|
5. Add another layer of corn chips and chicken then top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is browned.
7. Serve with salsa (and sour cream and guacamole if you like it) and enjoy!
If you have any leftovers, just heat them up in the oven the next day. The Doritos do go a little soggy, but it is still delicious!
*As with all gluten free food, check the ingredients! In Australia, Original Doritos are gluten free, as are most salsas. Be careful with spices - I used to buy Hoyts brand herbs and spices and loved them, but they now have the warning that products may contain traces of gluten due to production. Also make sure your cornflour is 100% corn - sometimes they do sneak wheat in there.