Friday 4 November 2011

Friday Finds - Fabulously Flavoured Freddo Frogs

I may have mentioned that I love chocolate. I especially love filled chocolates and my favourite flavour is raspberry. Unfortunately it's kind of hard to find, and recently my suppliers seem to have gone out of it. Next best is probably strawberry, followed closely by pineapple. So you can imagine how excited I was when Chris and I were in our local IGA and I happened upon a Pineapple Freddo twinpack!

I of course bought it and savoured it later that night. With none left I thought, no problem, next time I go to IGA I'll just pick some up. However, it was not to be. I went to a different IGA and they didn't have any. But all was not lost - Chris managed to find some at 7Eleven and bought me a bundle :)



After this experience I remembered that there used to be a raspberry and lemonade twinpack which got me wondering if there had been any other flavours apart from the usual ones to be found everywhere. I found on the Cadbury website that over the years there have been over 40 different Freddo flavours including coffee and even ones with nuts, raisins, and rice bubbles!

This again got me thinking. I lived in Japan for about 3 years and one of their most popular chocolate bars is the Kit Kat (bear with me, I do have a point!). One of the things that has made them so popular is that they bring out new flavours every season. It could be anything from cherry blossom flavour to soy sauce, cheesecake to cucumber. You can check out the many weird and wonderful flavours here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_Kat#Standard_finger_bars

Wouldn't it be great if they did a similar thing with Freddo Frogs? Imagine the fruit flavours in summer - mango, peach, raspberry, blueberry, apricot. The comfort flavours of winter - coffee, marshmallow, vanilla, cookies & cream. You could have a dessert series with cheesecake, lemon meringue, strawberry shortcake, tiramisu, custard, pumpkin pie. And flavours for the holidays - Christmas pudding and hot cross buns. The list endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment