Friday 18 November 2011

Friday Finds - The Dilemma




Today's find has become today's dilemma....

I have seen cake pops online for a while now and then recently saw them at a market. It has been in the back of my mind to make some, but it wasn't until just before Halloween when I saw these super cool cakepops on Bakerella's website that I became more inclined to actually make some.

IMG_4565
I hate spiders, but these are adorable!

 I checked online for recipes and found that they are super easy (in theory) to make, with lots of people just using a cake mix and ready-made icing (frosting), then coating them in melted chocolate (this bit sounds the trickiest). 

However, one thing I wasn't so keen on was the sticks - they just seemed to be a bit of a waste. After all, the cake would be gone in just one bite. Simple solution there - just don't use a stick! I looked around online some more and of course there are loads of ideas out there for cake balls.

But still nothing was made - I needed further inspiration. Funnily enough, this came in the form of a recipe for truffles. The recipe was from the 4 Ingredients Christmas book and included Oreos and cream cheese. Delicious! After looking at this, I thought I would have a look online for different recipes and here are a couple that I found, kind of in keeping with the whole cake theme.

Cookie Dough Truffles on Annie's Cooking Lab.


Cake Batter Truffles on The Girl Who Ate Everything's Blog


Big mistake. Now I am hungry and I can't decide what to make! This will be my project this weekend. I will let you know how it goes!


5 comments:

  1. Those look good! I would be popping them in my mouth...all day long! LOL


    Stopping by from Blogging Buddies

    http://http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-friday-you-need-to-smile_18.html
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookie dough truffles look AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I'm hungry! Mouth watering...
    Sometimes the stick makes them harder to make, so it's actually easier without them! Oh, and hint: You can also try Brownie Bite Pops (they're good too)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - I'm a new follower from Blogging Buddies team! =)

    ReplyDelete