Wednesday 9 November 2011

Gift Tags and Cards

Japan is an incredibly inspiring place to live for someone who loves to make things. Everywhere you look they have gorgeous examples of pottery, origami, tie-dye, embroidery, flower arranging, sewing and so much more.

Supplies are easy to find - near where I first lived in Japan (Akashi) there was a massive craft store with 7 floors of every crafting supply you could possibly need. Later when I visited Tokyo I found that this store was spread across several buildings!

The beautiful fabrics and paper turned me into a bit of a hoarder, but I have been slowly making my way through my collection. Sometimes it is very hard to use something as it is just so pretty!

Inspired by a garland I bought in Japan, I made the gift tags below. I think they are a cute alternative to the usual gift tag. I actually bought the blue paper here in Australia - it was on sale and I couldn't resist it!







No comments:

Post a Comment