Thursday 24 November 2011

Canada Adventure Part 4 - Winnipeg

The BDI (Bridge Drive-In) may not look like much - it's just a square box on a pretty busy road - but it is arguably the most popular icecream place in Winnipeg. My husband used to go here as a kid and it was one place he had to take me given how much I love icecream!


We only ended up going twice in the 2 weeks were were in Winnipeg. The first time I had a strawberry soft serve covered in 100s & 1000s. The second time I had a caramel sundae. I have to say the sundae was hands down the best one I have ever had. It was huge and smothered in caramel sauce. Perfect!

What you can't see from my photo is that the BDI is located next to the Red River, so it is actually quite nice to sit there and eat your icecream. If you are feeling energetic you can walk across the pedestrian bridge which takes you into a pretty residential area.

So if you are ever in Winnipeg and you like icecream, make sure you stop by 766 Jubilee Avenue!

No comments:

Post a Comment