2 cups cooked rice (more or less depending on what your ideal rice:vegetable ratio is!)
1 capsicum (any colour)
5 or 6 jalapeno slices (not the fresh ones, the ones they sell in jars in the Mexican section of the supermarket)
1-2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbs lime juice
chilli sauce to taste (I use the Byron Bay Green Jalapeno Chilli Sauce with Coriander as it is delicious and gluten free, but if you don't need gf the green Tabasco would work well too).
These vegetables are my base. After this it is just whatever I have in the fridge/cupboard. I'll list everything I have used - you can use any or all of them or make up your own!
1 can corn
green beans (about a handful)
1 tin bamboo
1 tin bean sprouts
2 sticks celery
- If you don't have rice already cooked, cook as per usual (I usually make 4 cups of rice in the rice cooker - I don't use all of it, but our rice cooker works best with a minimum of 4 cups)
- Put all vegetables into the food processor and process until very fine.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add the chopped vegetables and fry until cooked.
- Add a large scoopful of rice at a time and mix in with the vegetables. Make sure it is well combined.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce and lime juice. Mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve on its own or as a side dish.
|I used green capsicum, beans, corn, carrots and shallots in this one.|