Up to 20 rice paper wrappers (spring roll wrappers)
1 pack frozen spinach
250g feta cheese (I use Danish)
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup grated cheddar
1 bottle passata
1 medium onion finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely sliced/crushed
mixed herbs to taste - about 2 tsp
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 dessertspoons tomato paste
pinch red chili flakes (or to taste)
1-2 tsp sugar
Oil for cooking
Do the sauce first so it can simmer while you are preparing the rolls.
- Finely dice onion and garlic.
- Add oil to pan and when hot add onion and garlic. Fry until onion soft and just starting to change colour.
- Add the passata and the rest of the ingredients. Stir to mix well, turn heat down and simmer.
- Thaw spinach by placing in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Finely chop shallots and place in a large bowl*along with parmesan and finely chopped feta.
- Add spinach, and mix ingredients well.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Fill a large bowl, slightly larger than the wrappers, with warm water.
3. Damp a tea towel and lay on bench
4. Spray a lasagne dish with cooking oil and spread a small amount of your tomato sauce on the bottom (this helps to prevent the rolls from sticking).
5. Place a wrapper in the water and when soft, take it out and lay on the tea towel. Put your next wrapper in the water.
6. Add a spoonful of spinach mix to the middle of the wrapper and roll - bottom first, then the sides, then roll to finish. Place in lasagne dish.
7. Repeat until lasagne dish is full. When placing the rolls in the dish make sure they are not touching as they do stick.
8. Cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
9.Bake for 20 minutes.
10.Serve and enjoy!!!
|You'll have to imagine the cheese melted!|