Tuesday 11 December 2012

Crocheted Doily Rug

It has now been over a year since I started on my crochet craze and I haven't got sick of it. Just the opposite in fact, I am loving crocheting and I am always looking out for new and different things to try. I am so happy with my waxed Irish linen line - so far I have just made rings and bracelets, but who knows what will come next?!?

Mint, Pale Blue and Natural Crocheted Waxed Irish Linen Bracelet
Mint, Sky Blue and Cream waxed Irish linen bracelet
Swallow and Blossom Crocheted Blue Waxed Irish Linen Ring
Swallow and Blossom Crocheted Ring using waxed Irish linen
While checking out crochet magazines and patterns I came across crocheted rugs and loved them. Then of course thought that I had to try them....so, based on this doily pattern

Spiderweb Crocheted Pink Doily/Placemat
Spiderweb doily - made from this vintage pattern

I made this



It needed to be laid out a little better, but as soon as I put it on the floor, the curious one came over to check it out. She seemed to quite like it! I made a mistake with this one, which I didn't realise until I had finished it. I was really upset, but then figured it was my first attempt and now I love it! My husband said it would also make a great Christmas tree skirt. I used a Panda chunky wool for this and I have some in pink - I can't wait to try another one!

1 comment:

  1. Nice one! I love the pink doily rug. just completed one doily today.. will try this one for sure..

    ReplyDelete